It is not easy to find tutorial to build outdoor pool table. For one, not all people are a fan of pool and there is a lack of space available. But the most important factor is that people think that it is not a job that can be done manually. That is wrong, as building your own outdoor pool table is not that difficult. You only need to be precise about any measurements and dimensions.
If you are interested in making one and you do not want to spend a lot of money, then you are at the right place. We will give you the step by step guide on how to make one your own.
Guide on how to build outdoor pool tableOf course, it is important for you to gather all the important materials and tools before you start to build your own outdoor pool table. Here are the materials and tools needed; note that these are the basic one. You can add more materials if you wish to get some decorations and stuffs. Here are the tools;
- various kinds of saw
- router and staple gun
- wrench and power drill
- wood glue
- exterior table cloths; it is preferable to get something that has good water resistant ability
- pocket nets
- vulcanized rubber
- slate backing
- Wood plastic lumber; if you can find recycled one, it is better to use that.
- First, measure the cue stick, the official measurement is 57 inches, for the table, we add 8 inches more from all angle.
- Secure the foundation for the base. If the base is not firm and strong enough, the balance of the wood plastic composite table is going to be worsened over time. Gather some dirt, gravel or sand as the foundation.
- Get the slate for the table; you can buy a slate that is already having the pockets drilled. But if you get a base one without pockets, you can drill the pockets yourself, it is not that difficult to do. The slate must be four inches smaller and two inches shorter in width compared to the table.
- Lay it flat on top of the table and get the legs, connect the legs to the table and bolts them in. You can also attach a baseboard; this will make the table more balanced.
- Center and glue the slab on the table.
- Get another wood plastic composite and put it on top of the table, drills where the holes are, then trim the board.
- Cover the trimmed board with the water resistant cloth and trim the excess cloth.
- At the rail, use the vulcanized rubber to glue all of them together.
- Attach the netting, and it is done.