Maybe you just built or bought a new house, now it is time to decorate the backyard, learn how to build an outdoor pool table here. Of course, this is not limited for those who just bought a new house.
You can also make your own pool table in your existing backyard whenever you want. This will prove very useful whenever you want something new and different. Imagine playing pool under the moonlight with your friends, it is amazing and exciting. Now, this requires a little bit of craftsmanship and a lot of tools and materials, so you need to spare some money for the funds.
Step by step how to build an outdoor pool tableIn order to make your own DIY outdoor pool table, here are some tools and materials that you need to have first;
- Wood plastic composite lumber; recycled one is preferable
- Saws; circular saw, jigsaw and miter saw
- Wood glue
- Staple gun
- Slate backing
- Fiber cloth for the exterior table
- Vulcanized rubber
- Power drill
- Get the cue stick and measure it; it should be about 57 inches, and you need to add another 8 inches. This is important in order to accommodate comfortable angle for stroking. Then you need to find some sand, gravel, dirt or grass for the base. This is due to some pool table requiring solid foundation. Especially if you made one from wood plastic composite material.
- Now is the time for you to choose the slate, it is preferable to find one with pre drilled hole. But if you can’t find one, you can manually drill some holes on your own. Remember, the slate must be 4 inches shorter and 2 inches shorter in width than the base. You should follow this measurement exactly the same. Cut the base board, and when you are done, put it on top of the base. Now it is time to bolt it and glue it together with the base.
- Make sure the slat slab is on the center of the table, glue it and line it to the end of the table. This is your rail, so you need to drill it to the slate. After you are done drilling, firm it and make sure that it is on the right angle.
- Cover the top with water resistant cloth, you need to pull it very tight and staple it across the table. Cut the cloth around the pockets and use vulcanized rubber to glue it alongside the rail. After those are done, it is time to screw it done to the edges of the table.
- The last step put weatherproof netting and leg levelers to level the table. You can also use weather resistant clothing as the cover when the pool table is not in use.